Thursday 12 June 2008

M.I.A Cancels Summer Tour Dates With 'Exhaustion'

M.I.A has cancelled all her upcoming tour dates because she is suffering from exhaustion.



The singer told an American magazine that “physically” she needs “to stop for a second.”



"Like, I love connecting with my band, but I want to actually help them and be a part of peoples' lives. Which is really hard when you're on tour...It takes a lot out of you, physically,” she told NYMag.



The dates affected include all of her forthcoming European tour, which included at show at London's Roundhouse venue on July 1st.



Her scheduled appearances at the Latitude festival later in July and Ireland's Red Box have also been cancelled.



Despite the tour cancellation, M.I.A told the magazine that she had begun writing for her new album.




See Also